Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 107 - October 8


Today would have been Kristen Elizabeth's 9th birthday. Every year we spent this day with our family, thanking God for the family that He has blessed us with. This year we went out to Pier Park for dinner. David had been in Fort Walton all week. We had a good time together. On the way home, Megan and Jordan rode with David and I was alone with Alyssa. She asked this question, "If Kristen had lived, would you have still had me?" I guess I've expected that she'd ask, but it was a bit of a shock. I answered as honestly as possible... I don't know. I told her that we were very sad that her sister had died, and that my choice would be to have both of them. Since that isn't the way it worked out, I'm very blessed and very happy to have Alyssa. I told her that I could never imagine a world without her and that she is very special to us. I expect that this will come up again and I just pray that she will understand my heart. I don't understand why, but God's plan for our family is to have Megan, Jordan and Alyssa, and I'm so very thankful for each of them. They are amazing girls!

I didn't know what a good picture was for today. This is what I choose - the memory book I made for Kristen and a lock of her hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment