Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 239, February 17


On Wednesday, just after church, I started to feel a little ill. I had a terrible stomach ache and was prepared to face the nasty virus that's been going around here. At about 11pm it became evident that this was a little bigger than just a bug so at midnight, David woke Megan to tell her we were headed to ER. I don't think I've experienced anything that painful - like EVER. Really, I'd rather have another baby than have that kind of pain again! (They did run that test, and it was (shock) negative). It took about 2 hours to make the diagnosis of appendicitis, then the oh most wonderful IV pain meds. The surgeon came at 7am on Thursday to say that I was in fact going to surgery. At 1pm, I was wide awake and wheeled into the OR. I'm not sure I've ever seen the OR, I'm usually totally out by then. All I could think about was, "This is what Jordan wants to see when she is going in?". I'm not sure how long surgery was, but we were discharged at 6:30 and were home by 7pm. All in all, that was a very long 22 hours of my life! I really wanted to see the appendix (would that have been a lovely picture of the day?) but David didn't relay that message to the doc.

No comments:

Post a Comment